No native Vista drivers for ATI Radeon 9000?

Old November 7th 06, 06:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Torben Gundtofte-Bruun

Default No native Vista drivers for ATI Radeon 9000?

Hi all!
Is there no native Vista driver for the ATI Radeon 9000 Pro 128MB?

I've looked at www,ati.com (and ati.amd.com) but the only Vista driver pack
is "catalyst_8-31-100_vista32_rc2" which doesn't include the 9000 cards. My
computer gets a rating of 1,0 because Vista doesn't detect any RAM on the
card. (Other components get ratings of 2,6..4,8.) But I don't think the
graphics card is the problem -- I just need proper drivers.

Are there really no Vista drivers for the Radeon 9000?

Old November 7th 06, 10:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Torben Gundtofte-Bruun

Is there no native Vista driver for the ATI Radeon 9000 Pro 128MB?

Alternatively, I would consider buying a replacement, like a Nvidia 5200.
But my motherboard doesn't support 8x AGP, only 4x AGP. Can anyone recommend
a suitable product? Preferably one that is available in Austria/Europe.

Suggestions most appreciated!

Old November 7th 06, 10:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Rick Rogers

Hi,

No, there really aren't. The card doesn't support the necessary
specifications.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Old November 7th 06, 06:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
RAFA.PT

https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206.../vistartm.html

take a look in here m8
Old November 7th 06, 07:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Torben Gundtofte-Bruun

A number of those cards are 4X/8X and wil work in your 4X board.
Thanks! I didn't know that. Tomorrow I'll go shopping :-)
Old November 8th 06, 07:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Nathaniel L. Walker

Yea it sucks. My computer is 1.5 years old with a 9200 and it
doesn't work because *gasp* my pixel shader version is 1.4
instead of 2.0.

Will stick with XP.

- Nate.

Old November 8th 06, 08:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
WMD

FYI - I was running the GEForce FX5200 w/256M and RC1 would lock up
(usually at night) the system blamed the driver which originally was the
native Vista driver. I changed the driver to the new NVIDIA driver and had
the same results. BTW - this card only showed a 2.6 on the rating.

No help from MS - Got tired of that and changed the vid card to an ATI
Radeon 9000 w/ 128 - back to a default Vista driver, still locks now and
then, but seems more stable. - It will not refresh the rating though, locks
the computer and requires a reeboot.

Running this on a Chaintech Apogee Board w/ AMD 1600+ and 1GB ram
MS Vista RC1 build 5600

Would love to get RC2 or the Pre-release final ;-)

Dan

Old November 8th 06, 09:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JW

Do you know if your system is locking up or is just the video card locking
up?
If it is just the video card, as evidenced by the keyboard still working, it
may be that your power supply is not large enough.

Old November 10th 06, 08:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
WMD

No, it was the system locking - no KB, no nothing. BTW - I have a 500W PS,
so it's not likely that. As I said, with the ATI board it is a bit more
stable.
From what I have read here, RC1 was really still beta.