Old December 11th 08, 11:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
The Max[_2_]

Default Sound problems with the line in for vista (sigmatel)

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 17:09:04 +0530, victgann
wrote:

Hi -

this is the closest thread i can find to my issue.

You don't use someone else's thread, you start your own.

Reason? One is that it's considered rude to hijack an existing
thread. Two is that after a thread has been active for a couple days,
people that aren't already involved in the discussion don't check
back.

The solutions posted
help me somewhat but not completely. Here is the issue.
I am using vista 32 bit Ultimate. I have a sigmatel sound card, i wish
to record music via the line in and hear what i am recording live.
Problem is - i am using surround sound speakers, i find i can only hear
the treble part of the sound as its recorded. The line in area in
sounds\recording devices is non configurable, that is the issue. How do
i enable this area to be configurable and set my configuration to 5.1?
This is driving me nuts, i even reverted back to xpsp2 but the problem
is there too!
Anybody got a resolution to this?
Many thanks - Victor

--