Live Icon thumbnail for Video files

Old October 7th 07, 10:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
bonandar

Default Live Icon thumbnail for Video files

The thumbnail clips for my WMV, AVI & etc doesn't work anymore. I didn't
install anyother programme. PLease somebody help me with my problem.
Thanks a lot

Old October 8th 07, 05:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Rogue[_2_]

I'm sorry, but could you elaborate just a bit?

Do you mean they don't work in the preview pane?
(Organize Layout Preview Pane)

The Icons show in explorer views but not the actual preview?
(Organize Folder and search Options View tab, Advanced settings
Uncheck 'Always show icons, never thumbnails')

Or is it something else?

news

Old October 11th 07, 10:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
bonandar

sorry for my english.. the problem is like.. you know when you open the
folder some pics of the movie shows as the icon isn't it. those are the thing
that doesn't show anymore and the icon just show.. wat the file type is.

"Rogue" wrote:

I'm sorry, but could you elaborate just a bit?

Do you mean they don't work in the preview pane?
(Organize Layout Preview Pane)

The Icons show in explorer views but not the actual preview?
(Organize Folder and search Options View tab, Advanced settings
Uncheck 'Always show icons, never thumbnails')

Or is it something else?

news

Old October 12th 07, 06:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Rogue[_2_]

Did you try option 2 that I suggested?

The Icons show in explorer views but not the actual preview?
(Organize Folder and search Options View tab, Advanced settings
Uncheck 'Always show icons, never thumbnails')

that sounds most like what you described.

"Rogue" wrote:

I'm sorry, but could you elaborate just a bit?

Do you mean they don't work in the preview pane?
(Organize Layout Preview Pane)

Or is it something else?

news

Old October 13th 07, 02:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
bonandar

yes. i have already tried both ways u showed me but its still not working.

"Rogue" wrote:

I'm sorry, but could you elaborate just a bit?

Do you mean they don't work in the preview pane?
(Organize Layout Preview Pane)

Or is it something else?

news The thumbnail clips for my WMV, AVI & etc doesn't work anymore. I

Old October 13th 07, 06:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Rogue[_2_]

Sorry, but I am a bit puzzled. The only other thing I can think of is that
you have it set to another view, such as details or small icons. If it is
possible could you post a screen shot or something

news

Old October 17th 07, 09:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Thornie

Similar problem I have referred to in "thumbnails for video files in windows
XP". In thumbnail view my photos show the actual photo, but in thumbnail view
my videos only now show the AVI or MPG icons and not the first frame of the
movie.
--
Always
Thornie

"Rogue" wrote:

Sorry, but I am a bit puzzled. The only other thing I can think of is that
you have it set to another view, such as details or small icons. If it is
possible could you post a screen shot or something

news

Old October 17th 07, 09:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Thornie

Ditto problem. Only seems to have occured recently. Maybe is a new bug in the
system caused by a recent patch? If so hope Microsoft fixes it soon.
--
Always
Thornie

"Rogue" wrote:

Sorry, but I am a bit puzzled. The only other thing I can think of is that
you have it set to another view, such as details or small icons. If it is
possible could you post a screen shot or something

news