Scanner no longer works with vista

Old October 9th 07, 07:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
tat2trudy

Default Scanner no longer works with vista

Hi,
My pc blew up the other day and i went out and got a new one with vista home
premium 32 bit on it.
most of the other things work fine at the moment.
I am having severe problems with my Epson perfection 2480 photo scanner.
All drivers are installed and up to date. However, when i come to use the
thing my pc cant communicate with scanner. can anyone help and is there any
form of patches etc for this.
I have tried everything that is suggested and last resort was vista upgrade
manager which told me my device will not work in windows vista. It's only
two yrs old and i cant afford a new scanner.
can anyone help me out please?
--
Life''s too short to be dull so keep smiling!
Old October 9th 07, 08:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Rob[_2_]

"tat2trudy" wrote in message
Hi,
My pc blew up the other day and i went out and got a new one with vista
home
premium 32 bit on it.
most of the other things work fine at the moment.
I am having severe problems with my Epson perfection 2480 photo scanner.
All drivers are installed and up to date. However, when i come to use the
thing my pc cant communicate with scanner. can anyone help and is there
any
form of patches etc for this.
I have tried everything that is suggested and last resort was vista
upgrade
manager which told me my device will not work in windows vista. It's only
two yrs old and i cant afford a new scanner.
can anyone help me out please?
--
Life''s too short to be dull so keep smiling!

Vista drivers for your product can be found at

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/s...atform=Windows

Unplug your scanner, clear out any old drivers for it. Reboot. Download and
install correct drivers from link above, connect your scanner and Vista
should find the drivers and configure your scanner correctly. Failing that
I'm unsure of the solution.

Rob

--
Red meat isn't bad for you....Blue, Green fuzzy meat is bad for you.

Old October 10th 07, 08:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
tat2trudy

cheers for the info chicken, but after seraching all day for a solution i
went to epson site itself and they had drivers for download for my
printer...... thanks for the response anyway XxXxXx

Old October 14th 07, 01:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
JoelwithWindowsVista

I had the same problem with my HP sacnner. I checked the HP website and HP
has no drivers for it in Vista. I wrote to them about it and did not even
receive a response. I suppose they would prefer to sell new scanners rather
than supporting my existing scanner (HP scanjet 3400c). I plugged the thing
back into my old system with Windows Me!

Old October 14th 07, 04:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Trudy's scanner is an Epson and 2 years old. Your scanner is an HP and
could be up to 12 years old since it was designed for Windows 95. I see no
correlation between the two problems.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

Old October 14th 07, 08:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
JoelwithWindowsVista

I was venting my frustration at not being able to use a perfectly functional
piece of office equipment with Windows Vista. Is there a technical reason
that HP cannot come up with a driver for it? Trudy went to dowload a new
driver from Epson for her scanner and found one. I tried to download a driver
for my HP scanner and there wasn't one.

Old October 15th 07, 01:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Money is the answer here. It's such an old unit that HP does not feel it
worth their while to invest further development in it. They would rather
you purchase something newer. I'm afraid that's the manufacturer's bottom
line.

Old October 16th 07, 01:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
lynda Quinn

I gave a Visoneer flat bed scanner and having a hard time with Vista
recognizing it. I've looked everywhere for the solution to this problem and I
cann't afford to buy a new scanner.

Old October 17th 07, 10:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
huwyngr

I'm using my HP SJ5P scsi connected scanner with VISTA, as I did with
W2K and XP, by installing HP's old-time Deskscan 2.9 software that
includes TWAIN for communication.

Works perfectly. Download it from HP; install it using Compatibility
Mode set to XP with SP2 and check Run as Administrator (ask if you need
help on this) and it promptly found the scanner. It includes a very
nice Copier Utility that combines the scanner and your printers into a
first class document copying utility.

You can download the Deskscan 2.9 software from this HP SJ5P XP
Software webpage:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?
os=228&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=58976&lang=en

I can't guarantee that it will work with the SJ3400c but it is worth
trying IMO. Back in the days when I was on the Team HP on Compuserve we
often recommended the Deskscan 2.9 instead of the Precisionscan
software that was being delivered with scanners then. I see your
SJ3400C uses Precisionscan.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.