Installing VISTA BETA 2 on ICH8R raid controller

Old August 29th 06, 01:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Ippo 2001

Default Installing VISTA BETA 2 on ICH8R raid controller

hello I'm trying to install my windows vista on my new motherboard (GIGABYTE
965P DS4). During installation the sistem doesn't reconize my RAID 0 array
made on IC8R controller. I see I can load driver from another source, but I
don't know wicth kind of driver I can use. I take a look to the gigabyte web
site but with no result.
Can anyone HELP ME ????
I was thinking to use the windows XP driver as I do in windows xp
installation ... I'm right ???
Old August 29th 06, 11:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Brian

You want the Intel Matrix Storage Manager F6 Driver Diskette

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scri...ProductID=2101

Select XP Professional
Scroll down to ITEM #7
7. Floppy Configuration Utility - IntelĀ® Matrix Storage Manager
[F6FLPY32.ZIP] (263KB) 6.1.0.1002 8/1/2006

Thats what you need! Works great on 5472, btw it seems the new 5536 has
built in support for ICH8R

My Specs:
Asus P5B Deluxe Wifi
Intel E6600 Processor
ICH8R with (2) WD4000KS SATA drives in RAID 0 Configuration

Old August 31st 06, 04:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Paul Russell

You need to use F6 during setup to install the RAID drive

if your driver is not installing then a) change the BIOS settings to revert
to legacy SATA or IDE mode and continue with setup.

Old August 31st 06, 08:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Ippo 2001

Last night I tryed to load the sata driver from the floppy but I couldn't go
on because it seem's that the sata driver were not correct for my sistem ...

the F6 procedure is correct also for VISTA ??? when I have to press F6 ???

Old August 31st 06, 08:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Ippo 2001

last night I tryed to load the sata driver as told from BRIAN, but the system
report me an error like the driver are wrong ....

the F6 procedure works also with VISTA ??? when I have po press F& ???