nvidia raid for pre-RC1

Old August 30th 06, 01:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Dave

Default nvidia raid for pre-RC1

OK hears the thing, I have a MSI motherboard, with two 80gig sata drives
setup with raid0,
I have one 80gig IDE for backup, there is 2 partitions on the raid0 drive,
one for XP the other has vista beta 2 on it, I downloaded pre-RC1 and burned
it, worked the first time,
But when I tried to install it, replacing beta2 (clean install) the nforce4
raid drivers for vista beta2 do not work, for pre-RC1, so I decided I would
install it on the IDE drive instead,
Well the install went great, but to my surprise after the install, I open
computer in pre-RC1
And it show’s the raid drive, so I’m thinking that pre-RC1 must have the
raid drivers, or it would not see the raid0, so then I think well I will just
start new install from pre-RC1, and tell it to install on the raid partition,
ok so this time when it gets to the point where it shows the hard drives, it
now is showing the raid0 set also, ok so I tell it to install on the raid
partition, it loads files, and expands files,
It then gets updates, and restarts the computer, then it come back and says
it can not find the partition,
I chose to install pre-RC1 on, so again it does not see the raid setup,
But it has to have the raid drivers, or it would not see the raid set after
install, so does anybody know how I can get pre-RC1 to use those drivers it
has, or if you can do that at all,

Old August 30th 06, 07:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Ed.

For my MSI board with NVIDIA nforce2 chipset and SATA it wouldn't take the
floppy that came with it. Some one posted when Beta 2 first came out to make
another floppy and take all the files out of the folders. I did that and
Vista was then able to see the floppy and install my drivers.

Apparently Vista when browsing can't see in the folders. With Pre RC1 I
tried the original floppy and still couldn't see the drivers. Used the
floppy we made as mentioned above and all worked fine.

Give it a try.

Good Luck,
Ed.

Old August 30th 06, 08:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Dave

I down loaded the beta2 drivers, from nvidia website, they work fine for
beta2 , I had no problem,
I don’t see that there in a folder, on the floppy, it shows the list of the
same drivers, when you click load drivers, in pre-RC1, but after it loads
them it still just shows the IDE drive, strange thing is, how is it seeing
the raid after it is installed, I even put the drivers from the sys32 folder,
that I found, they did not work either, but they work for the OS, when it’s
running, but I also figured out that the ATI radeon drivers for beta2 do not
work either, at least they will not install, but pre rc is showing that the
drivers it is using are ATI drivers,

Old September 2nd 06, 05:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Dave

OK well I have installed pre-RC1 on a nforce4 based motherboard,
On a raid0 set, I had to install vista beta2, and then use the upgrade to
pre-RC1,
Nvidia has posted the raid drivers for RC1, but they also do not work for
pre-RC1,
So I’m thinking that they just skipped posting raid drivers for pre-RC1,