how to remove tunnel adapters which i dont want.

Old October 13th 07, 11:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
Vinay Bhushan

Default how to remove tunnel adapters which i dont want.

Hi,

I have a problem with Windows Vista Ultimate,
I Crated few VPN connections but i was not able to connect to my PC
in
office and i deleted all my VPN conections,

and when i do my ipconfig

i get the following result.

is this acceptable or is this a bug, i dont want to see the Tunnel
adapters disconnected state how can we erase these.

With Thanks
Vinay

Dump of my ipconfig.

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : xxxxxxxxxxx
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.4

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 6:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : xxxxxxxxxxx
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 7:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 10:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 11:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 13:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Old October 13th 07, 05:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
Steve Riley [MSFT]

Windows Vista includes a full IPv6 stack that is enabled by default. These
extra interfaces are part of that. There's no need to remove them.

--
Steve Riley

http://blogs.technet.com/steriley
http://www.protectyourwindowsnetwork.com

ups.com...

Old December 9th 07, 10:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
[email protected]

On 13 oct, 12:15, Vinay Bhushan wrote:
[...]

Hi Vinay,

I just have the same problem, and I was wondering if you happened to
solve how to remove the list of unused tunnel adapters in ipconfig.

Thanks
Alfonso
Old December 9th 07, 03:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

You may need to modify registry. This how to may help

Vista IPCONFIG and Network SettingsHow to disable TCP/IPv6 How to disable
IPv6 and Tunnel on Vista How to disable ICS public connection in Vista How
to: Enabling ICS on Vista ...
www.howtonetworking.com/vista/vistaipconfig.htm

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

Old December 11th 10, 12:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
tarkan dost

if someone wants to Remove all 6 to 4 adapter automatically can use That:

http://www.sordum.com/deneme/6to4/do...to4remover.zip

User reviews:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...-4288c729605a/

wrote in message

On Monday, December 10, 2007 3:45 AM alfonso.carrera.usabiag wrote:

Hi Vinay,

I just have the same problem, and I was wondering if you happened to
solve how to remove the list of unused tunnel adapters in ipconfig.

Thanks
Alfonso

Submitted via EggHeadCafe
Microsoft .NET DataBase Access For Beginners
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/training-...y-Samples.aspx