0x000000EA - Can't complete Install

Old September 7th 06, 10:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
ADAM

Default 0x000000EA - Can't complete Install

I have been having this message now during the Pre-RC1 and now the RC1
releases keeping me from finishing my setup to Vista. During the Pre-RC1 I
was using a partition on my main drive that had Win XP on it and I planned to
dual boot. Tried reinstalling several times with no luck everytime the same
error, tried the instal from within XP and also by booting from the CD. Now
with the release of RC1 I decided to put an old 20Gig drive I had sitting
around in just for Vista and I'm still having the same issue. I get into
completing setup and BSOD with error 0x000000EA for video driver. But I have
no idea how to fix it. In Beta 2 I had different issues completing the
install but I was able to complete it in safe mode with no problem, now it
says Windows is unable to complete setup in safe mode, please restart your
computer. I'm not upgrading from XP but doing a fresh install, any help would
be appreciated.

ATI x1600 512Mb
1Gig DDR 3200
20Gig IDE for Vista
80Gig SATA with XP on it

Old September 8th 06, 10:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Ron Rector

The easiest thing to do would be just to swap out the video card with
something else during the installation then put the card back in and install
proper drivers from ATI afterwards.