Connecting to internet with RC1

Old September 8th 06, 12:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
springr

Default Connecting to internet with RC1

I have been testing Vista since Beta 2. IO am having a problem with my
internet connection that I did not have with Beta two or pre-release RC1. I
can pink my network with no problem but cannot connect to web pages.
Old September 8th 06, 01:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
The Mc

I have the same issue. Can ping my host and my router but cannot connect to
the internet or logon to the router. I tested with IE7 and Firefox 1.5. The
same PC with windows XP SP2 is fine.
--
AntiCulture.Org

Old September 8th 06, 01:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
The Mc

I also can not connect since upgarding beta 2 to RC1. I can ping my router
and my host but cannot connect to either with IE7 and Firefox 1.5. The same
PC boots to XP SP2 and has no issues.
--
AntiCulture.Org

Old September 8th 06, 02:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
The Mc

I was able to reolve the issue by disabling TCP Checksum Offload for ip4 and
ip 6 as well as disabling UDP Checksum Offload in ip4 and ip 6.
--
AntiCulture.Org

Old September 8th 06, 01:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
The Mc

In device manager, expand network adapters and right click on your card.
Select properties.
Select the Advanced Tab.
You should then see the options.

--
AntiCulture.Org

"springr" wrote:

How do you do this?

Old September 9th 06, 07:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Joe Bogdan

I was having similar problems, I could get to yahoo, but couldn't get to
google or gmail or go beyond microsoft's home page or activate RC1. Disabling
the TCP checksum offload and UDP checksum offload fixed all of my problems.
Thank you.

"The Mc" wrote:

In device manager, expand network adapters and right click on your card.
Select properties.
Select the Advanced Tab.
You should then see the options.

--
AntiCulture.Org

"springr" wrote:

How do you do this?

Old September 23rd 06, 03:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
surgeryman

I had a similar problem after RC1 upgrade of failure to connect to the
internet with a Marvell Yukon LAN adaptor on an Asus A8V Deluxe motherboard,
and disabling the TCP Checksum Offload and UDP Checksum Offload for ip4 and
ip6 in the device manager as described in the post by "The Mc" solved the
problem. Many thanks.

"surgeryman" wrote:

"The Mc" wrote:

In device manager, expand network adapters and right click on your card.
Select properties.
Select the Advanced Tab.
You should then see the options.

--