Old March 15th 09, 01:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_5_]

Default IDE drive not recognized.

I am now totally confused.
You say the you have some IDE drives that work and which are seen by your
BIOS but that you have others that are not.
And you say your RAID is configured to use SATA drives since it can not use
both.

"dbacs" wrote in message

Hi, thanks.

I have a setting in my BIOS for SATA or IDE for RAID, but that's all
for IDE bus settings. It is set to SATA, but my other IDE devices still
run fine.

I have 1 IDE 133 HDD on my primary bus and a dvd rom (optical) on my
secondary bus. All works fine.

I have 2 HDD's on my SATA ports on mother board set to RAID 0.

Yes i have disabled the Floppy drive setting in BIOS. I will try to
enable again and post results.

Are ATA 133 cables different from ATA 100's?

--
dbacs