Old March 23rd 09, 07:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook][_2_]

Default Windows Fax and Scan and Outlook contacts

I'm not running 64 bit, but I've seen no reports of its not being able to
run WFS and connect to Outlook. You appear to have a problem at the OS
level. Windows Mail must be set for none of its defaults and Outlook for all
of its. Normally , simply installing Outlook will accomplish that.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Drew Edmundson" wrote in message
On Mon, 09 Mar 2009 14:47:19 -0400, Drew Edmundson
wrote:

On Sun, 8 Mar 2009 07:15:24 -0400, "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]"
wrote:

Start at the beginning then. Why can't you connect to your fax server?
You seem to have a host of problems here and provide no steps for anyone
repro.

I will try to do as you suggest. I installed Windows Vista 64 bit to
the laptop. Connected to our SBS 2003 server and downloaded all the
Windows updates. Installed MS Office 2007. Added my Exchange account
to Outlook 2007. Now when I try to select contacts from within WFS I
get the Windows Mail contacts not the Outlook contacts.

As a side note, it is impossible to click on the Windows icon in the
task bar and then right click on "Default Programs" and select run as
Administrator. My problem with setting the defaults was I did not
understand that some have to be set via "set program access and
computer defaults" instead of via "set your default programs."

Are you running Vista 64 bit? Is anyone running Vista 64 bit and
getting Outlook contacts in WFS?

TIA,

Drew