Old March 24th 09, 09:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook][_2_]

Default Windows Fax and Scan and Outlook contacts

Don't forget that in Vista all of the messaging components that were in
Outlook Express are now separate in Windows Mail. So you need to be looking
at the Contacts component ("Windows Contacts") not the transports component.
Make sure Windows Contacts is not set for any of the defaults that Outlook
can handle.
I have no doubt that this may very well be a 64 bit problem. It's just not
one I've seen documented or reproduced. Usually this problem arises if the
Outlook profile is corrupt or not properly configured for its address book
service. Configuring an Outlook profile most definitely requires a 32 bit
app. Enable 32 bit apps and configure a new Outlook profile from scratch.
Make sure the Outlook Address Book Service is installed and working
correctly in this profile.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Drew Edmundson" wrote in message
On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 16:38:53 -0400, "Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

I'm not running 64 bit, but I've seen no reports of its not being able to
run WFS and connect to Outlook. You appear to have a problem at the OS
level. Windows Mail must be set for none of its defaults and Outlook for
all
of its. Normally , simply installing Outlook will accomplish that.

Windows Mail now has only SNEWS protocol of its defaults and
Outlook has all its defaults. Still no joy. SNEWS protocol
cannot be changed. Before you say this is the problem,
please see if you can change the SNEWS protocol.

From my Google searches all the posts that have specified 32
bit vs. 64 bit that have this problem have all said they
were using Vista 64 bit. On the other hand, how often does
one see someone specify Vista 32 bit? Not often, so my
anecdotal evidence may be wrong.

Drew