Old April 3rd 09, 10:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
merkat106

Default RAM

ltshaft;1004178 Wrote:
Hi, I just bought a new PC running on follow config.

2GB DDR2 RAM
Intel Core 2 QUAD 2.33Mhz process
640HDD
Vista Home Premium-64bit OS

I feel that it's kind of slow, and I like to know if I should upgrade
the
RAM to 4GB.
Further, I still have Windows XP Home CD and I am contemplating if I
should
change my OS to XP Home instead.

Can some of you experts please give some advise ?

Vista x64 runs best with at least 4GB. I agree with many prior posters,
upgrade the RAM and please don't go to XP Home. You will definately not
get the most out of the quad-core processor.

Bottomline: Upgrade the RAM

--
merkat106

Mer Hathaway,
A+ Certified &
Former in-store Circuit City firedog PC tech