Old April 20th 09, 09:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
indijones

Default Problem with Bluetooth (Home Prem X64)

I have a Winstar Bluetooth dongle that I bought about 3 yrs back. I
installed it on a computer with winxp 32 bit using BlueSoleil and worked
perfectly. At least I could connect to cell phone though I was never
able to connect to Sony Ericson BT earphone. I have a new computer (Acer
E5621A) with Vista Home Prem X64. I tried to set up the dongle using
BlueSoleil for X64 (latest ver.). It installed perfectly but never
connected to my cell phone. I ran the IVT Hardware Check before
installing BlueSoleil and it showed that it was compatible. All the
connections in BlueSoleil shows "Idle", like COM3, COM5, ....... I
removed BlueSoleil, uninstalled driver, restarted computer, reinstalled
but the result is still the same. Search for Devices don't show
anything. The LED in dongle keeps blinking indicating that it's working.
I also tried WIDCOMM but it said that the dongle is imcompatible. I
would appreciate it very much if someone could advise me on that.
Thanks!

--
indijones