Old May 21st 09, 12:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mike Hall - MVP

Default Battery plugged in, not charging

"pigeon-wing" wrote in message
news

Thanks so, so much for the quick replies! I found 'this guide'
(http://www.insidemylaptop.com/take-a...ssembly-guide/)
recently and hoped that wasn't my problem, but thank you for confirming
my fears and saving me the time and money I would have wasted
experimenting with different batteries and adapters. My warranty expired
a year ago, so I guess my only option is saving up and finding a good
repair shop. This may seem like a silly question, but if I take it to a
shop to have the motherboard repaired, do I run the risk of losing the
data on my hard drive? Or are these two things completely unrelated?

Again, thank you!

--
pigeon-wing
pigeon-wing's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/99680.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

The only direct link will between the repair and losing everything will be
the store where it is repaired..

Copy your important data if you can. It may involve removing the hard drive
and connecting it to another machine..

--

Mike Hall - MVP Windows Experience
http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/