Old May 22nd 09, 05:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
efargher

Default Plugged In, Not Charging Battery

Thanks for the info on the fix - unfortunately, my power plans do not
include "calibrate". I selected another one, unplugged my computer, then
restarted and changed to HP recommended. The battery still will not
charge. The icon looks like it is starting to charge when I first boot
up, but then stops after about 4 cycles. I have tried reinstalling the
driver, updating BIOS, taking out the battery while it is off and on,
changing out the power cord and about every other suggestion. My battery
tests good. What good is a laptop without a charged battery? Anyone else
have a suggestion, besides throwing it out a 12 story window?

--
efargher