Old May 26th 09, 05:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
John Inzer[_2_]

Default Can I Split An Album Audio Track?

brikendor wrote:
In 2001 I bought a stand alone CD recorder to transfer my vinyl
collection. I am now in the process of ripping the resultant CDs and
I thought this might be a good time to correct some of my early
recording mistakes - the most common being that I forgot to manually
increment track numbers.
Is it possible to split a single WMA track into the original component
tracks and, if so, how do I proceed?

An answer will be much appreciated even if it is negative.

======================
Maybe the following free software would be useful:

Windows Media Encoder
http://tinyurl.com/bbal
or...

'Windows Media Encoder' includes several utilities...
one of which is 'Windows Media File Editor'. Maybe
the following article will be useful:

How can I reduce the length of an audio track or split
a track so that it will fit on a CD?
http://tinyurl.com/q5ppqp
or...
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win.../0070.mspx#EDD