Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Queries, comments and issues relating to the administration of Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)

i forgot my password

Old November 6th 07, 02:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
gfingers

Default i forgot my password

I purchased a Toshiba Satellite Notebook, proceeded with the installation,
created a login password, got busy for a few weeks and didn't use the laptop,
and now i don't remember my password. Is there any way around the password?
If not, how do I wipe the hard drive?

Old November 6th 07, 06:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
Ronnie Vernon MVP

There are several ways to recover if you did not create a password reset
disk when you set the password on that admin account.

1. If you have a retail Vista installation disk, you can use the procedure
from the following website. Use the Option 2 there.

What do I do: I can no longer log in or elevate to an administrator account:
http://www.jimmah.com/vista/Administ..._of_admin.aspx

If you do not have an installation disk, there are free password recovery
procedures on the internet, I usually do not recommend these simply because
they require advanced computer skills and some of them can turn your
computer into an expensive doorstop.

As a last resort, there is software available that you can purchase that
will solve the problem, easily.

The program that I recommend is the first one, it is very easy to create a
recovery disk that you can use on any Windows PC. These recovery programs
usually cost about 30-40 USD.

A@PC: Windows Password Recovery Software. Reset Administrator Password. XP
VISTA 2003 2000 NT.:
http://www.password-changer.com/

Windows Password Recovery Key - Resets the Administrator account password:
http://tinyurl.com/2qr7oc

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

Old January 2nd 08, 04:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
HevO17

I was a bit dubious about purchasing the password reset software but did it
to end the hours of stress (the free ones I found did not work). I purchased
the first one recommended by Ronnie Vernon MVP and not even five minutes
later I was done and reinstated. Thanks for the help on this Ronnie.