Old January 26th 07, 08:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
PaulP

Default LifeCam application crashes on Vista RTM

Thanks for the response JDR. Yes, I'm using the "RTM" drivers posted to the
/hardware site. That's what's so frustrating!

"Jdr" wrote:

"paulp" wrote in message
I just installed the new Vista drivers and application for my VX-6000 from
the hardware site and while the drivers install fine and the camera seems
work (tried it with Messenger), when I launch the application
(LifeCam.exe),
I get the following error message: "LifeCam.exe has stopped working"

I uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times, installed with the camera
unplugged,
installed with it plugged in, rebooted etc. etc. No luck.

Is there anything I can check here?

Have you tried these drivers below?
I have the same camera but Vista Ultimate -
and it works fine for me, although the quality of picture and utilities
are
inferior to Logitech Webcam Orbit for Win XP . Unfortunately that are no
drivers from Logitech for this Webcam.

Microsoft LifeCam software updates are now available for the 32-bit and
64-bit editions of Windows Vista. Microsoft LifeChat products will be
available by February 2007; compatible Windows Vista software will be
available at product release.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/di...indows%20Vista