Old January 27th 07, 01:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Slavin

Default LifeCam application crashes on Vista RTM

Paulp,

I'm experiencing the same problem with the "RTM" version of Ultimate and the
"RTM" software for my LifeCam 3000. The camera and microphone work fine with
Messenger, it's when you try to run the LifeCam software the application
stops working and needs to be closed. Frustrating indeed! I'll let you know
if I find anything out.
--
Slavin

"paulp" wrote:

Thanks for the response JDR. Yes, I'm using the "RTM" drivers posted to the
/hardware site. That's what's so frustrating!

"Jdr" wrote:

"paulp" wrote in message
I just installed the new Vista drivers and application for my VX-6000 from
the hardware site and while the drivers install fine and the camera seems
work (tried it with Messenger), when I launch the application
(LifeCam.exe),
I get the following error message: "LifeCam.exe has stopped working"

I uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times, installed with the camera
unplugged,
installed with it plugged in, rebooted etc. etc. No luck.

Is there anything I can check here?

Have you tried these drivers below?
I have the same camera but Vista Ultimate -
and it works fine for me, although the quality of picture and utilities
are
inferior to Logitech Webcam Orbit for Win XP . Unfortunately that are no
drivers from Logitech for this Webcam.

Microsoft LifeCam software updates are now available for the 32-bit and
64-bit editions of Windows Vista. Microsoft LifeChat products will be
available by February 2007; compatible Windows Vista software will be
available at product release.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/di...indows%20Vista