Old September 1st 09, 08:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
megasuperchief

Default .mov videos don't work in Vista, can't convert

I have to agree with the original post. MS simply needs to make Movie
Maker work with .MOV files. Canon cameras have now made the switch as
well, to .MOV formats for their new cameras. I paid a good price for the
new Canon SX1-IS, which is an incredible still camera, and an even
better HD video camera. I have been using Movie Maker since it first
came out, I love the user friendly layout, and have made some really
good home movies with it. But now, I am forced to find, and learn
something else if I want my new HD movies to look good and work.

It is my understanding that while it is possible to convert a .MOV file
into something that Movie Maker will understand. The converting itself
lessens the quality of the video picture. Which makes buying an HD
camera kinda pointless. And, who has time to go through an extra step in
a different program, before actually getting to movie maker. Not me.

Come on Microsoft, If every other editing program out there can work
with .MOV, Then surely you are smart enough to make it work with Movie
Maker.

--
megasuperchief