Old January 29th 07, 05:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mark

Default Best Video card at this point of Vista developement

Ahhh, heck! This new HP MedCen Pav w/XPproSP2 that my sis gave me as an XMas
gift was a step up from the IBM Aptiva W98SE which I enjoyed. After a month
of exploring XP and MedCen I thought 'can life get better?' . Right. Now I am
not only upgrading to Vista Premium, but my new (old?) nVidia 6150 is trash
for the new 19" LCD-W/S? Rats! How much for one of these 8800 jobs?
Thanks tons for your assistance.

"Russ" wrote:

Unless you have pockets for Nvidia G8xxx series with Direct-X 10,

Recomendations are Nvidia 76xx and up. ATI 18xx and up.
Higher end of mid-line DirectX 9c cards.
256M video ram

On the machines we have trialed so far, graphics is the number one
bottleneck. All current machines, aftermarket video cards (ie not onboard).