Old October 20th 09, 03:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

Default LOGIN IN PROBLEM

That symptom is usually caused by interference from an antivirus
program. Which antivirus are you running?
As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off,
although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects.
In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be uninstalled.

Email scanning in any antivirus should be disabled, for reasons
explained he
http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tuto...ning/index.htm

If no improvement after disabling email scanning, consider upgrading
to Windows Live Mail, because it is less prone to suffering bad effects
from overly intrusive antivirus programs:
http://download.live.com/wlmail

--
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/def...le/vandermolen

"Account: ''mail.comcast.net'', Server:" .com wrote in message ...
Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'mail.comcast.net', Protocol: POP3,
Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC17

I also cannot get into my e-mail account. This is the error I get. Can you
help me please?