Old December 2nd 09, 10:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Michael

Default Desktop does not appear when booting

Michael, search this newsgroup for Black Screen of Death. There's a ton of
information already posted here.

--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

"Michael Chare" wrote in message
I have a copy of Vista which does not start properly in normal or safe
mode. The desktop does not appear.

When the PC boots I can sign on, but the screen with 'Windows' and a green
background just remains and the disk light continues to flash. If I leave
the PC long enough it goes to sleep and then will restart in this state.
CTRL+ALT+DEL does not start the taskmanager.

I can boot the PC using other operating systems. Is there anyting that I
can do to make this copy of Vista start?

--
Michael Chare