Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Call of duty 4, mss32.dll not a valid x64 program?

Old January 8th 08, 10:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
0076intrepid[_4_]

Default Call of duty 4, mss32.dll not a valid x64 program?

Hi Anders,
Im not sure I quite understand here, but you are saying to delete all
files in the 'reg' folder, then download patch 1.4, then update Punk
Buster, and it should work?
Yes it is a cracked version....I think......

Did you watch the World Junior Championships this past weekend? Good
games eh?

--
0076intrepid
Old January 9th 08, 09:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Anders11[_2_]

Hi!
If you have a cracked Cod 4 you only can play Singelplayer not multi,
there are some more new crack you need to make it work, what i wrote was
if you have tried a cracked an buy original you most delete in reg,
punkbuster is only when you play multi on-line.

The game, puh, in the 3:e i think we hade a good chans to win, Canada
was on there knees and nervous, but then the 3:e ping-pong gooal,for
Canada, and its over.
Best regards
Anders

--
Anders11

Antec Ninehundred
Asus Blitz Formula
Asus 8800 GTX 768MB
Intel Core Duo E6600,3005 MHz,FSB 1504
Zalman 9700 Led
Corsair Dominator PC 6400 1GBx4+Fan, 902 MHz
WD Raptor 150 GB 10000
Samsung 500GBx2
Antec TruePower Trio 650w
Scythe Kama Meter 4ch
Logitech G15, G5
Samsung 226BW Gaming
Vista Ultimate X64
Old January 10th 08, 06:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Donald L McDaniel[_2_]

On Mon, 7 Jan 2008 21:18:03 -0600, 0076intrepid
wrote:

Donald L McDaniel;563670 Wrote:
On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 21:03:52 -0600, 0076intrepid
wrote:

Hey Geelined....I have EXACTLY the same problem.....I downloaded the
mss32.dll and put it in the game folder, and in the system 32 folder,
as
some suggested. Now I get another error: "the procedure entry point
_AIL_set_speaker_configuration@xxxxxx ......." and so on......when I
search
this in google....I get various foriegn languages and no help...if you
have fixed yours...let me know....?! Thanks,

Did you EVER think that the error generated is correct?
Think about it: Under Vista x64, a "32bit dll" is OVIOUSLY "not a
64bit Program." You must use a 64bit dll or executable if you want to
"fix it".

Donald L McDaniel

Well, I guess so, but it doesnt explain why it wont start...the game
should be playable in both 32 and 64.....I install it on a 64
system....why would it call for 32 dll after the install? I wish I
knew....Where can I get a 64 bit DLL?? Same place as one can get a 32
DLL I imagine?
Thanks for the responses all.

In this case, you must turn to the Game manufacturer for succor, since
Microsoft is not in the business of porting 32bit games to 64bit OSes.

Think about it:
If one wants a 64bit version of Vista, he must obtain it from the
manufacturer itself, Microsoft.

So, if one wants to obtain a 64bit version of __________ (fill in the
name of a game), he must obtain it from the game manufacturer, since
Microsoft is not in the business of porting games designed for 32bit
versions of Windows to the 64bit version of Vista.

Make sense?

Donald L McDaniel
Old January 11th 08, 12:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Chuck Walbourn [MSFT]

A 32-bit DLL like MSS32.DLL should in fact work on Windows Vista x64 by a
32-bit program. It sounds like there's some kind of subtle compataiblity
problem here.

Downloading random DLLs off the Internet is in generally a very bad idea.
You really have no idea what the code is doing or if it's even really from
the person who you think wrote it. Many DLLs are 'side-by-side' versioned,
which is why you are getting wierd errors about missing entry points when
downloading random DLL off the internet for that game.

Have you contacted the game publisher and reported the problem?

--
Chuck Walbourn
SDE, XNA Developer Connection

Old January 18th 08, 11:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
0076intrepid[_5_]

Well, fixed it. I just didnt install the punkbuster software, and voila!
Thanks to all for the help.

--
0076intrepid
Old January 18th 08, 11:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Ferret[_14_]

Make sure that you update to the latest version of PB-go to
evenbalance.com and update it. I have to update PB about every two to
three weeks because of all the new cheats they are finding

--
Ferret
Old January 21st 08, 03:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Andy [YaYa]

"0076intrepid" wrote in message

Well, fixed it. I just didnt install the punkbuster software, and voila!
Thanks to all for the help.

Yeah, find the PB website and update it, might fix the problem, but if
you're not going to be playing online then no problem just go naked. PB is
needed for about 90% of the multiplayer servers out there.

Good luck,
A.

Old April 10th 08, 09:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
ydeardorff

Can someone please send me directions on how to fix this windows vista
x64 bit issue with COD4? I need the mss32.dll file and how to fix it
please.

I need some help. It took me an hour to get to make this reply, Im
trying to communicate through a very low bandwidth sattelite connection.
Im in the middle of the pacific ocean right now.

Im getting the same error with the .dll file. Please send me the file
via email along with direction on how to fix this,
Thanks

As far as I know, you can run a 32 bit program, and 64 bits programs on
a 64 bit system. But you cannot run a 64 bit program on a 32 bit system.
It works down not up. LOL

Thank you for any help you can offer. I hate having a 60 dollar coaster
Id love to play the game for once.

--
ydeardorff
Old April 12th 08, 06:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
rippa1

Install the latest DirectX 9. It runs alongside DirectX 10. You should
never download the dll files from sites on the internet.

--
rippa1

*Vista 64 / Q6600 (B) @ 3.2 */ *Xfx 780i*
*4 x 1gb Geil Ultra DDR2 / **Xfi Extreme Gamer*
*Corsair Dominator/ Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme*
*2 x 320gb WD AAKS Raid 0** / 2 x 8800GT512mb OC
OCZ 600w / Antec 900 / Logitech G15-G5 / 32" LCD
**
*
Old April 14th 08, 06:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Andy [YaYa]

ydeardorff wrote in
:

Can someone please send me directions on how to fix this windows vista
x64 bit issue with COD4? I need the mss32.dll file and how to fix it
please.

I need some help. It took me an hour to get to make this reply, Im
trying to communicate through a very low bandwidth sattelite connection.
Im in the middle of the pacific ocean right now.

You need to install PunkBuster, this is not a DirectX problem.

Goto: http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

and download: http://websec.evenbalance.com/downlo...ws/pbsetup.exe

Run pbsetup.exe on your computer, it should find CoD4 and update the
punkbuster files, then try running the game.

If you get the same error try downloading DirectX from
http://www.microsoft.com/Directx

That should fix it.

--
-A.