Old February 2nd 10, 09:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Andrew Murray[_8_]

Default Vist activation key

That's a good one: "My Dog ate my Product Key".

I suggest you contact the computer supplier you purchased from - since they
supply the OEM Windows disk/product key; you will need your receipt/proof of
purchase handy.

Perhaps you can get another OEM copy (with new key) - for a nominal charge
fee I would assume and not perhaps without a hardware purchase because OEM
Windows should only be supplier with a new computer (usually) or other
significant hardware purchase (motherboard / processor, hard drive etc).

"Jonathan Crawford" wrote in message
Hi

I have a Vista machine I bought from Evesham a couple ago years ago.
They have since gone bust. My Jack Russell, when he was a puppy used to
sit on the top of the pc and one day chewed off the activation code.

I had to reinstall vista from the disk supplied by evesham last month
and it is now asking for the activation code. I was wondering if there
is anyway i can get hold of this.

Kind regards

jc