Old February 15th 10, 01:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
David B.[_3_]

Default HP Pavillion a1632x

Why are you whining about HP on a Microsoft discussion group, your post has
nothing to do with Vista, the problem isn't that drivers aren't available,
it's that you haven't looked for them, even in the most obvious of places,
HP's support website, which DL provided a link to.

"walter deodiaus" wrote in message
I have a HP Pavillion a1632x which came with XP, but was advertised to be
upgradeable to
Vista. Later on, this option was not supported. This falls on false
advertising! Doesn't HP have trial drivers? I called HP, but they don't
seem to support Vista for this machine.
Last week, I was infected by a virus and was unable to recover my XP OS.
I received a copy of Vista at a trade show, and decided to install it, as
I did not want to shell out $30 for the CDs. Besides, I heard that Vista
was far better after Service pack 1.
Does anyone know where to get device drivers for the NVidea nForce Network
Controller? I tried both the HP & nvidea, but none of those work.
Moreover, HP does not talk much about the exact specs on the network
controler (which is on board).
I guess my time is cheap, so I am willing to spend a couple of hours
before breaking down and ordering the XP reinstall cds!