Old April 8th 10, 06:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Chuck[_2_]

Default Do I Need to Install the Canon MP610 Printer Application Software?

On 4/7/2010 10:56 PM, oliverlnrd wrote:
Thanx for sharing

'Horse Farm Management Software' (http://www.paddockpro.com)

Generally, Yes. Usually, built in drivers, etc are very basic, and limit
the usefulness. The 610 may need to be installed as a network as well as
a local (USB) device. This allows a directly connected P/C to have full
access to all the features, and use third party scanner software. The
network connection can be also used by the P/C connected via usb, and
other networked P/Cs as well.

In some instances, you can change the port of the "USB" installed device
to a network port, and use third party software as if the device is
connected directly.

ViewScan is one of the third party scanner applications that I prefer to
use.