Old April 30th 10, 06:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
satwilson

Default Upgrade Hard Disk in Vista

runningonair;931272 Wrote:
I recently upgraded my HDD to 160GB. I used Complete PC Backup to image

the
existing drive to an external HDD, installed the new drive, booted to
the
Vista DVD, selected System Repair from the install environment and
restored
the image to the new disc. Maybe it was because of using Vista to image
and
restore, but I did not have to call to re-activate. I found this method worked well. Also my system was dual booting with

XP and the XP installation still worked after the disk copy.

I was wanting to upgrade my hard drive on my Dell E1505 with Vista
Ultimate and Complete PC Backup. I bought my E1505 used and do not have
a Vista DVD. I do have a Dell Win7 Pro Reinstallation DVD. Can I use
this to boot and access the System Recovery Options?

--
satwilson