Old May 2nd 10, 06:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
GrtArtiste

Default Windows Defender

On May 2, 11:39*am, Brink wrote:
Hello GrtArtiste,

You might consider using "Microsoft Security Essentials" instead. It
will turn off and replace Windows Defender automatically during it's
installation. It provides much better virus, malware, and spyware
protection.

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

Hope this helps,
Shawn

I appreciate the reply, but unless there is some significant benefit
to using Microsoft Security Essentials over what I already have (Avira-
MBAM-SAS), I guess I'll stick with what is working now until it
doesn't. I was just hoping that WD could somehow be corrected...but I
guess not.

GrtArtiste