Old May 7th 10, 06:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
Dave[_29_]

Default Win 7 sharing question

LOL, lots of sour grapes there....
BTW, there will not be any MSFT newsgroups for Win 7, or for anything else
soon.

--
Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)

"Questor" wrote in message
Found my own answer he

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...1-a5a06c2a79c6

I definitely agree with the thread - it was a very backwards move by MS to
remove the 'shared' icon.

The whole thread makes for very interesting reading.

Questor

---
I realize this is a Vista group, but I can't seem to locate any MS Win7
group with my NG reader (TB).

On my Win7 machine (Win7 Home Premium)I have marked several folders as
being shared, and they remain shared at all times, but there is
absolutely NO indication of the folder being shared when viewed in
Explorer on that computer. In previous versions of the OS there has been
the 'palm-up hand" and the little 'whatever it is' in Vista but nothing
in Win7. Is it something I have to turn on somewhere, or is it just that
Win7 provides no visual indication of sharing on a folder?

Questor