Old May 24th 10, 10:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
totfit

Default BIG problem...please help

On Sun, 23 May 2010 19:04:14 -0500, deleon1
wrote:

On my dads (acer espire x1700) just stopped responding last
night....just froze. Anything he has problems with, i always fix it with
no prob...however i cant fix this. now he had AVG, on his pc..and i know
hes always on there and just keeps clicking from site to site...so i
know there viruses on there..anyways, i restarted it and within 2 min.
same thing (freezes) after 7 restarts. Now i did a system restore
(factory settings) same thing...I cant figure this out..plz help.

Google search Acer diagnostic CD. Download and burn .iso. Boot from
the CD and run the diagnostic and see what errors it returns. You
could be having several different issues causing the machine to lock
up and become unresponsive. It is likely not OS after restoring to
factory settings, so it would likely be a hardware problem. There are
other things you can do such as removing/swapping memory, etc, but the
diagnostic disc should help you find the issue.