Old September 6th 11, 02:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Tom Hall[_2_]

Default sfc problem

Vista Home Premium 64-bit

I have run sfc /scannow a number of times, and it always reports that there
were corrupted files, but that it was unable to fix everything and points
me to CBS.log for details. The problem with CBS.log is that it is HUGE, and
I'm not sure what I should be looking for.

I finally figured out how to delete CBS.log just prior to running sfc, and
have a CBS.log that contains only the information from a single sfc scan.
Sfc has never prompted me to insert my install DVD so I'm at a loss as to
what I should be looking for. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Tom

--
remove .invalid to reply by email