Old October 19th 09, 08:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
zach24

Default ERROR: hl2.exe has stopped working

Adrole;695334 Wrote:
I had the same problem when I got a new computer with Vista Businiss
x64
opening Portal or TF:2 after a few seconds it would either just close
or
crash.

It did not start like that though for about 2 days it worked fine,
then
it would sometimes crash after playing for a few minutes now it
crashes
before it opens.

I actually just set it as an exception in the DEP for steam which
might
have helped, still need to test it though.

But here is how you can try the same.

Control Panel System And Maintenance System Advanced System
Settings On the Advanced tab go to setting under Performance then
Data Execution Prevention.

You can either try setting it to "Turn on DEP for essential windows
programs and services only"

Or try turning DEP on for all programs and add Steam as an exception.

I haven't tested if it's fully worked yet, but Portal does open now.

--
Adrole

I've Done that and my G-Mod still won't work -.-

--
zach24