Old November 24th 09, 12:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
[email protected]

Default Can't find my Card Reader or driver

On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 18:02:11 -0500, "David H. Lipman"
wrote:

| I have a built-in card reader in my laptop. However, I can only see it
| in Device Manager if I have a card inserted. I am having trouble as,
| when I insert a card, the card reader isn't showing up - so I can't
| check the driver because I can't find it. I changed it recently to the
| most updated, digitally signed driver. Can someone help?

Does the OS assign a drive letter to the device ?

I should have replied that I'm not sure (when the card reader is
recognized). However, right now, it is not recognized and therefore
does not have a drive letter. It has always worked this way. If I
look at the screen that shows the drives, the card reader will show up
as soon as I place a card in the reader. Without the card, the reader
is invisible. Same with the Device Manager.