Old November 25th 09, 01:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
smlunatick

Default Can't find my Card Reader or driver

On Nov 23, 10:53*pm, wrote:
I have a built-in card reader in my laptop. *However, I can only see it
in Device Manager if I have a card inserted. *I am having trouble as,
when I insert a card, the card reader isn't showing up - so I can't
check the driver because I can't find it. *I changed it recently to the
most updated, digitally signed driver. *Can someone help?

Are you using Vista or Windows 7?

On Windows 7, the default Windows Explorer option for removable
drives, other than CD / DVD or floppy drives, is to not "display"
empty drives.