Old November 25th 09, 11:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Michael

Default Can't find my Card Reader or driver

wrote in message
On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 06:57:07 -0800 (PST), smlunatick
wrote:

On Nov 23, 10:53 pm, wrote:
I have a built-in card reader in my laptop. However, I can only see it
in Device Manager if I have a card inserted. I am having trouble as,
when I insert a card, the card reader isn't showing up - so I can't
check the driver because I can't find it. I changed it recently to the
most updated, digitally signed driver. Can someone help?

Are you using Vista or Windows 7?

On Windows 7, the default Windows Explorer option for removable
drives, other than CD / DVD or floppy drives, is to not "display"
empty drives.

Vista Home Edition...and if there isn't a card in the slot, no drive
shows. However, now, even with a card in the slot, no drive (card
reader) shows.

I may be beating a dead horse, but it really sounds like the onboard card
reader has met an unfitting end.
--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.