Old August 8th 10, 02:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Chris K

Default Save hardware drivers

"Shenan Stanley" wrote in message
snipped

entire conversation - archived indefinitely
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...c3fff77a876b5/
/entire conversation - archived indefinitely

but as for it "not happening"; here is the download links for the 32-bit
and 64-bit Windows Vista drivers for your video card as you listed gotten
to via the link I gave you earlier:

32-bit Windows Vista:
http://tinyurl.com/2uqtqts
(just get the "WDM Integrated Driver" - unless you have some need for the
full Catalyst software suite...)

that's the bloatware i've just installed from previous post (cut down WDM
Integrated Drive) & uninstalled

it's not a driver at all - it's some sort generic download manager - uses
acres space, but does not (did not) update my video driver - in fact it
makes no mention of drivers at all - no executable file once installed -
presumably just runs in the background consuming processing time until it
feels like downloading some virus or uploading my bank details - i just want
the driver (no software) - but as already said - 99% of drivers now come
'wrapped up' in load software and this is no exception - well except that it
didn't even have a driver in it at all whereas most the crap i download at
least come with the driver i want