Old December 9th 09, 11:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Khalid

Default Vista Movie Maker and my Digital Video Camera

Do you reckon upgrading to Windows 7 will work?

"technochrista" wrote:

Howard,

I don't have a solution to your problem. I too have a sony camera that hooks
to a USB port. Although the Windows XP version of Movie Maker used to detect
the camera, the newer Vista version does not. Sadly, my web camera which I
also used frequently to capture video using Movie Maker also does not work. I
am hopeful that Microsoft will realize this problem and will release a patch.
I have my fingers crossed.

"Howard" wrote:

I plugged in my Sony Digital Video Camera through the USB port and Movie
Maker refuses to acknokledge the hook up is there.

I followed the suggestions listed in the Help section, turning my camera on
and making sure it is in play mode etc.

Can anyone help?