Old November 15th 09, 02:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Brink

Default Can't delete file in hidden folder even after changing owner

Petrarch,

I'm sorry to hear that you had to format the drive to get rid of that
file.

Petrarch;1190831 Wrote:
Unfortunately, none of these options worked on this one file. I had to
format the drive and start over. This time around, when I restored from
system image I did not create a backup folder on the C drive itself.

Taking ownership "should" have worked, and all the various steps
repliers
provided were helpful, so don't feel bad. The lockhunter tool for
64-bit
OS's has been added to my IT bag of tricks. I'd been looking for
something
that had the same features as unlocker for a while.

Thanks for all your replies. I appreciated the help.

--
Brink

'*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience*'
(https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...5-AD617AF3D511)