Old June 1st 12, 11:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Bill Leary

Default Vista-32 bit OS load problem (update)

"R.H. Breener" wrote in message ...
I finally got a screen with the choice to Repair, Recover or Restore the
OS.
I chose Restore and when asked what to use, chose disks. It took the 3 DVD
disks made the day I bought the PC (I posting from the laptop) and
restored
from them. All was well until the MS updates came down and were
installed.
SAME PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow.

I found the MS fixes for problematic updates and ran that. It said it
fixed three
problems but was not specific as to which ones.

It's called MicrosoftFixit.

Interesting. I've never heard of that one before. Thanks for the
information.

It booted fine after the fixes. I'll know after it's turned on and off a
few times if it worked.

Hopefully a good ending. Please do let us know if it's really fixed.

- Bill