Old September 18th 12, 09:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Bob F[_3_]

Default Internet Explorer has stopped working correctly

webster72n wrote:
Because my browser froze while windows was loading, I wound up doing a
System Restore with an undo, since Internet Explorer, Health & Support
and my Weather Bug Desktop stopped working correctly, due to a
problem.
How do I know what kind of a problem and how to fix it?
So far I was always able to do it, but this one is beyond.

Apparently System restore caused my current situation.

I am on dial-up and was downloading and installing Avira and AVG in
addition to running Avast, which kept asking me to 'upgrade', when my
browser froze afterwards. While one program was running, the other two
were disabled, the reason being for me to choose between them.

OS: Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit & IE9 w. SP2.
PC: Dell Inspiron 530S.
There are no problems with free space or memory.

Any suggestions?

It could be worth doing a vista "repair install". This has helped me with
similar problems on XP PC's.