Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista A forum for performance and maintenance tasks in Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintainance)

Excessive load/boot time

Old December 12th 08, 01:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
C.Skaggs

Default Excessive load/boot time

check out microsoft's debugging tools. most are offered with a 30 day trial.
It may tell you what you want to know
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtoo...g/default.mspx

"chetahelup" wrote in message

Guido;552082 Wrote:
I have four different copmuters, all running a DG965OT intel procesor
with a
Core2 chip. Two have Vista HP and two have Ultimate. All four are
having
the same problem. When I turn the computer on there is a 30 second lag
between when the Bios spash screen show to when the first boot device
is
attempted(in this case it is the CD drive). There is then a 4 to 5 min
pause
before the vista splash screen starts. I don't think this is normal but
it
happens on all my systems. Is this a vista problem or a
motherboard/bois
problem. I have updated the bios and have all vista updates minus the
SP1
beta. One computer is running a raid all the others are not.

I am having this exact same problem with my gateway gt56363, which has
the same motherboard. I have tried installing a fresh version of vista
and i have the same effect. Can you please let me know if anyone ever
resolved this problem?

--
chetahelup

Old December 12th 08, 03:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
chetahelup

Thanks, but i figured it out, I have a western digital external hard
drive, and when i unplugged it the problem went away, so i just switched
from usb to firewire and problem solved, thanks anyway

--
chetahelup
Old December 12th 08, 08:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Steve Thackery[_2_]

Thanks, but i figured it out, I have a western digital external hard
drive, and when i unplugged it the problem went away, so i just switched
from usb to firewire and problem solved, thanks anyway

Thanks for getting back to us - it might help someone else with the problem.

SteveT

Old December 12th 08, 02:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
chetahelup

I forget to mention hat i tried turning off all the boot from usb
features in the bios and it still did not work. So replacing the usb for
firewire was my only option.

--
chetahelup