Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista A forum for performance and maintenance tasks in Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintainance)

My computer won't go to the sleep mode

Old December 27th 07, 02:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
spotsaddle

Default My computer won't go to the sleep mode

My computer is new and it used to to into the sleep mode. Now it says that
there is something wrong with the ATA Channel 1 and the drivers may need
updated. I am not sure what to do and I don't want to turn my computer off
each night and I also don't want to download something harmful that I am not
even sure what it is. any suggestions?
Old December 27th 07, 05:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Jacmouth

I have the same problem. The sleep used to work fine, suddenly around 2
weeks ago it refused to go to sleep. The screen would shut off but
everything else is still on. I tried using the hotfixes microsoft had, but
all of them "doesn't apply" to my computer. I have a Latitude D630 with
Vista Ultimate. Also updated my graphics card and the bios, no luck. I
didn't install any software or hardware 2 weeks ago and there's no hardware
issues, I ran a complete test on that...anyone with any ideas?
Old December 27th 07, 09:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
starfox101

I had this problem come up, just could not understand why my system
changed. I removed software, tried everything I could think of.. Anyway
the problem for me was network sharing. When I enable share my media the
system will not sleep.

--
starfox101
Old November 25th 08, 02:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Mason85

starfox101;554902 Wrote:
I had this problem come up, just could not understand why my system
changed. I removed software, tried everything I could think of.. Anyway
the problem for me was network sharing. When I enable share my media the
system will not sleep.

I'm having the same problem. When I linked my xbox 360 to my Pc,
afterwards it would not sleep. Is there any way I can resolve the
problem? If so how do I go about it?

--
Mason85
Old November 25th 08, 02:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Brink

Mason85;894911 Wrote:
starfox101;554902 Wrote:
I had this problem come up, just could not understand why my system
changed. I removed software, tried everything I could think of.. Anyway
the problem for me was network sharing. When I enable share my media the
system will not sleep.

I'm having the same problem. When I linked my xbox 360 to my Pc,
afterwards it would not sleep. Is there any way I can resolve the
problem? If so how do I go about it?

Hello Mason,

Double check with Step Two in the tutorial below and make sure that the
"Multimedia Settings" is for "When sharing media" set to "Set to Allow
the computer to sleep.".

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/63...-problems.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
'*Windows 7 Forums*'
(http://www.vistax64.com)
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Old November 25th 08, 04:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Mason85

Thanks Brink thats done the trick, nice one

--
Mason85
Old November 25th 08, 05:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Brink

Mason85;895020 Wrote:
Thanks Brink thats done the trick, nice one

You're welcome Mason. I'm happy to hear it is working now.

Shawn

Old November 25th 08, 09:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Mason85

Saying a new problem has arisen, when promted to sleep the screen goes
off and stays off, but the machine stays on . . .

--
Mason85
Old November 29th 08, 01:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Mason85

Having new problems with sleep mode, machine will either take a very
long time to go into sleep mode or it takes so long that I just have to
swicht it off at the button. I have run disk cleanup and checked my
power settings. I have added a second monitor and switched to power
saver mode, would this have anything to do with it? Could someone please
help, thankyou.

--
Mason85
Old November 29th 08, 01:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Brink

Mason, if you are not using hibernation, then '*disabling hibernation* '
(http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/16...sable.html)may
help.