1 day of perfect Vista, then nothing

Old October 24th 06, 04:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
twinkelpinkel

Default 1 day of perfect Vista, then nothing

2 days ago I installed Vista RC2. Everything went perfect, ready and working.
Until yesterday. When I started the computer, the screen stays black and
nothings happend. The only thing that happens was that the computer was
making a lot of noise (the van was making overtime!) I can't give any
information because I don't have any idea were to look! Mabey it has nothing
to do with Vista but I really don't know!

Some specs:
2,80 GHz
Processor Intel® Pentium® D Processor 820 DUAL CORE
2nd level cache geheugen 2x 1024 Kb
Processor bus snelheid 800 Mhz
Groote van het geheugen 1024 MB
300 GB SERIAL ATA 7200 rpm
Video ATI Radeon® Xpress 200
Videogeheugen 256 MB HyperMemoryâ„¢

Old October 24th 06, 09:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Spirefm

Sound like a hardware problem. If the fan is making a lot of noise open the
case and look at the fan. Is it running fast, or going fast and slow? If the
latter the fan is dying and the pc won't come on to avoid damage through
overheating. If the fan is simply running extra fast all the time, the cpu is
running too hot. Either way get a friend with hardware experience to help you.

Old October 24th 06, 09:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Confucious

"twinkelpinkel" wrote:

2 days ago I installed Vista RC2. Everything went perfect, ready and working.
Until yesterday. When I started the computer, the screen stays black and
nothings happend. The only thing that happens was that the computer was
making a lot of noise (the van was making overtime!) I can't give any
information because I don't have any idea were to look! Mabey it has nothing
to do with Vista but I really don't know!

it really sounds like your computer is not passing POST (Power On Self
Test). which generaly means what spirefm is saying. there is something wrong
with hardware. if the computer is not giving you any beeps it may not be
hardware, but from what you said about the fan i would agree with spirefm,
sounds like the fan is what is keeping the computer from coming on. it doesnt
have anything to do with the OS. at this point the OS isnt doing any work
whatsoever. its only BIOS getting your computer started.

Old October 29th 06, 03:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
twinkelpinkel

Thanks, I was thinking in the same direction. I've took the computer to
someone who knows more of hardware problems than me. So, now I wait and wil
hear his verdict.....