Old February 4th 07, 10:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Graham Hughes

Default WMP 11 Stuttering

Hi,
I have Vista, and have had it for some time.

The item I referred to was

--- The manufacturer of the computer (HP Laptop) doesn't have the drivers
because they don't service the model I have. (I upgraded to Vista, against
HP's suggestions.) ---

Laptops have propriotry items installed or generic ones remodelled to suit
the specific laptop model so 99.9% of the time drivers need to be supplied
by the manufacturer of the laptop, not MS and not the manufacturer of the
item concerned.

Did you run windows upgrade advisor before installation?
What did it say?

Your options are to scour HP's web site and pick drivers for similar models
to yours with vista drivers and try those, try the sound device
manufacturers web site and do the same, or I'm afraid live with the fact
that your machine is only capable of running XP and wait until you upgrade
to run Vista.

--

Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"Toast" wrote in message
Graham, I'm sorry for wasting your time, but my piece SHOULD have given
YOU a
clue, if you had Vista. I thought this board was all about Vista.

Anyways, on Device Manager, I right-clicked the Sound Controller, and
clicked on "Manually Update Driver", because Windows Update wouldn't
update
it. THAT'S what I meant by "there were no more updates". I only went to HP
see if they had any drivers. But, they didn't.

So, now I un-installed and re-installed the driver that came with Vista
(for
the sound card), and the static and choppiness is still there. And
therefore,
I conclude that there's something wrong with either the machine (I doubt
it
though...worked fine with XP), or with Vista.

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

Doesn't the piece you've written give you a clue?

How did you update your sound card drivers if HP do not have any? MS
versions are not normally compatible.

--

Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

I went to Device Manager, right-clicked the Sound Controller, and
updated
it.
Sadly, the sound is still choppy.

The manufacturer of the computer (HP Laptop) doesn't have the drivers
because they don't service the model I have. (I upgraded to Vista,
against
HP's suggestions.) However, everything else on my computer works fine.
The
audio is the only part that's bad at the moment.