NON AVAILABILITY OF FAX OPTION IN WINDO VISTA BASIC

Old January 22nd 08, 12:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Tom Lake[_2_]

Default NON AVAILABILITY OF FAX OPTION IN WINDO VISTA BASIC

"DevilsPGD" wrote in message
news
In message "Ken Blake, MVP"
wrote:

Myself, I don't have an analog phoneline anymore (and haven't for many
moons), so I have no personal stake in this, just curious.

I have a digital phone line through my cable company and can still use my
analog modem and AIO printer's FAX capability.

Tom Lake

Old August 28th 08, 02:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Powerdiamond

I would buy your explanation EXCEPT that when in all other versions of
Windows were you blocked from faxing?

Hint: NEVER!

I went to HP to try and download appropriate drivers. HP says," Vista
already contains needed drivers." I've hated Vista for a long time. XP
remains infinately superior mainly due to the lack of bait-and-switch as
opposed to it being the reason for Vista's existance.

Vista's other maddening defense is that unless you drop a bundle not only
will not let you replace it, it won't even let you erase it.

I had recently purchased a new computer and I thought 'Soft may have
corrected this crap. Especially when it first came out I thought that they
just came out a couple of years to early with it with it and just didn't get
the bugs out. Oddly enough I was able to fax with it. Imagine my surprise
when I found out that I sucks more now!!

As far as needing a more elaborate version, I don't recall that faxing was
just a use of business?

You are just a little arrogant.

"Ken Blake, MVP" wrote:

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 08:26:02 -0800, jay sureka
wrote:

For Mr. Bill Gates.

He certainly won't see your message here, in this peer-to-peer
newsgroup. If you'd like to try to contact him directly, I believe his
E-mail address is .

I feel it is down right cheating that Vista Basic don't have faxing
facilities where as all older editions had faxing facilities.

And I think that's simply nonsense. When you buy a product, whether an
operating system, a car, or anything else, especially when it comes in
several different models, it's incumbent upon you to do the research,
find out what features come with each model, and choose the one that
meets *your* needs. It sounds to me like you simply failed to do your
homework, and got the wrong product; that's nobody's fault but your
own.

The reason that there are several different editions of Vista is so
each person can choose which feature set he needs. and not have to pay
for more than he needs. Not everyone needs faxing capability, and
those that don't need it shouldn't be made to pay for it.

Why don't you write to Mr. Toyota and complain that your Corolla
doesn't have some feature that my Camry has?

I request that
free down load is given to all vista basic buyers

Please Reply to the Newsgroup

Old August 28th 08, 11:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
bjr

Windows Millennium had no fax software. Time for you to return to
the turkey flock you came from. You are certainly no eagle!