Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
delete messages from ISP by Gary L.
In outlook express there was a setting to allow receiving messages from the ISP without deleting from the server when using my laptop. The messages would only be deleted from the ISP when I used my desk top computer. I can not find this setting in Windows Mail. Is it there?
February 18th 07 12:15 AM
by Frankster Go to last post
1 211
emailing files as attachments by Ed
In XP if you right clicked a file you were given the option of sending the file via outlook express. This resulted in a new window opening showing Outlook Express message with the file as an attachment. All you needed to do was fillin the address of the recipient In Vista the same right clicking action gives you an option called MAIL. When I click on this option NOTHING happens, what am I...
February 18th 07 02:27 AM
by Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM Go to last post
1 178
February 18th 07 02:32 AM
by Frankster Go to last post
1 207
mail by Carroll
I transfered my Outlook 2000 mail using Microsoft Easy Transfer and set up my Windows Mail (not office) account on my new Vista PC. When I open up my new mail account my data from my old computer is not there. How do I find those files on my new pc and get them into my new mail account?
February 18th 07 02:33 AM
by Jim Pickering Go to last post
1 417
Folder text size change by Bob
How do I adjust the text size for my mail folders? Thanks, Bob
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 18th 07 02:42 AM
by Kay Go to last post
12 398
Birthdays by Lindsay
when I enter a birthday into the birthday field, the date shows correctly. However, when I ask for the birth date to appear in the contact details window, it shows as one day earlier than the actual birthday. Anyone know why the program is doing this?
February 18th 07 07:03 AM
by Lindsay Go to last post
0 207
Register to Microsoft group by Scott
When I send any question to Microsoft news group in Vista Mail, the system always asks for registering to the Microsoft Group. I need to click cancel all the time. It happened in Vista Mail but not in Outlook Express of Windows XP. Can someone explain what it is for and if we can disable it. Thanks, Scott
February 18th 07 10:34 AM
by Scott Go to last post
0 262
Register to Microsoft group by Scott
When I send any question to Microsoft news group in Vista Mail, the system always asks for logging in the Microsoft Group with email address and password. I do not understand what it is and click cancel all the time to send off the email to the newsgroup. It happened in Vista Mail but not in Outlook Express of Windows XP. Can someone explain what it is for and if we can disable...
February 18th 07 10:36 AM
by Scott Go to last post
0 186
mcafee security by BARRY HARDMAN
Icannot install mcafee virusscan plus....computer keeps restarting and wont allow access to anything....tried twice to install. NO SUCCESS
February 18th 07 10:45 AM
by Diamontina Cocktail Go to last post
3 188
Logging into Microsoft group by Scott
When I send any question to Microsoft news group in Vista Mail, the system always asks for logging in the Microsoft Group with email address and password. I do not understand what it is and click cancel all the time to send off the email to the newsgroup. It happened in Vista Mail but not in Outlook Express of Windows XP. Can someone explain what it is for and if we can disable...
February 18th 07 12:40 PM
by Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM Go to last post
1 172
RSS messages in Win Live Mail Desktop by Anton K.
Hi All I just installed Windows Live Mail and noticed that it has an RSS feed support as well which I thought is a good thing so I could have all my mail/news pieces within one application. However I am unable to reply to RSS messages in some feeds since they require username/password details and I cannot see whether I can specify those in Win Live Mail, while I can do it in another RSS...
February 18th 07 01:04 PM
by Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM Go to last post
1 137
Can't sign in by angels2asses
I just set up my windows mail to check my yahoo mail account. I have accurately input the server names and all of my information but when it comes time for me to enter my username and password...the box keeps popping up. I'll enter the information and hit enter but the box pops right back up. It's not giving me an error message and it will not let me get past this point. Any suggestions?
February 18th 07 01:05 PM
by angels2asses Go to last post
2 111
e-mail addresses by REDJ
Hi When I send e-mails it lists the name of the person I am sending to and also their e-mail address. I would like to hide their e-mail address so other people will not view it. Sometimes I e-mail a number of people at the same time. How do I eliminate their e-mail address from view? Thanks REDJ
February 18th 07 01:44 PM
by Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM Go to last post
1 141
can not find server by [email protected]
new m/c today.I can get internet but no email .it says can't find server ..i've checked tools & settings .my previous m/c was pop3 so i typed it in but it still says it cant find server any ideas thanks
February 18th 07 01:47 PM
by Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM Go to last post
2 200
Why doesn't mail strip signatures in Usenet when doing a reply? by Leythos
I seem to be unable to find where to set the ability to strip the proper Usenet signature when doing a reply - anyone know where/how? -- (remove 999 to email me)
February 18th 07 01:50 PM
by Leythos Go to last post
5 139
Email Delivery by Coug
How do I reduce the time that the computer will look for new incoming emails? I want it to look for new emails every 5 minutes, now its about every 30 min. -- Coug
February 18th 07 03:33 PM
by Jim Go to last post
3 168
hi by sylvathome
i have just had a new laptop and cannot set a email address up on this vista mailbox . any help please
February 18th 07 04:20 PM
by sylvathome Go to last post
0 382
Please help by Palva
I just purchased a new laptop. Need help in setting up email address on this vista mailbox. Thanks.
February 18th 07 06:38 PM
by Dustin Harper Go to last post
1 149
test by Beverly Worrell
February 18th 07 08:08 PM
by Beverly Worrell Go to last post
0 347
Identifying group members by Bill B
In Outlook Express, I could click on a contact and then click on "Other" and see which groups they belonged to. How do I do this with the new improved Windows Mail?
February 18th 07 11:25 PM
by Bill B Go to last post

From The