Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Vista RC1 - Connect menu by Knox
This is a small thing, but kind of annoying. In XP, I was able to set the start menu so that the Connect option was a menu, so that I could quickly select a vpn or a dial up. In Vista there doesn't appear to be a way to do that. Any ideas? Knox
September 12th 06 12:52 AM
by Knox Go to last post
4 307
RC1 Email by Lee Steele
The emails are still going out. I received mine this evening. The keyin the notification is the same as the one I received with the Beta 2 notification. Lee Steele
September 12th 06 01:01 AM
by NeoDude Go to last post
1 290
Minidump Files on a crash by Al
On Vista build 5520, I am trying to get a minimdump file for a crash. I was able to get a .mdmp file once in the users\appdata\local\temp directory once. After that, I have not been able to get that. Everytime the program crashes, I do not see this temporary dump files geting generated but all I see is a message saying the program will close. Anyone have any idea how I can generate the...
September 12th 06 01:32 AM
by Al Go to last post
0 244
RC 1 DVD by C. Haiirs
So if we ordered the Beta 2 by mial we should sit tight and wait for the RC-1 DVD? "Steve" wrote: "Mark D. VandenBerg" wrote in message ... "Colin Barnhorst" wrote in message
September 12th 06 01:50 AM
by astro999 Go to last post
6 231
License/Activation key for Vista RC1 by Mediaparty
I was sent an email to download Vista Beta 2 with a registration key, but at the time I did not have a DVD burner and therefore could not burn the ISO. I deleted the email with the key and now I have a DVD burner I would like to use RC1. I have downloaded the file but how do I get my Beta 2 key back or do I need to request a new key. If I need to request a new key, how do I do that? Any help...
September 12th 06 01:56 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 251
RC1 installes but reboots itself during start-up by Kenneth R Zink II
I D/L'ed then burned the RC1 64 bit ISO and installed as an upgrade on my Compaq V2300Z with ML-37 Turion 64 Proc. The install went fine and begins start up (it gets to a black screen with "Windows Vista RC1" and "Build 5600" in the bottom right corner) then it reboots itself. Safe mode with networking and safe mode have the same result. I rolled the install back to Build 5384. Has...
September 12th 06 02:01 AM
by Kenneth R Zink II Go to last post
0 240
Vista RC1 64 bit install problem. by Kenneth R Zink II
I D/L'ed then burned the RC1 64 bit ISO and installed as an upgrade on my Compaq V2300Z with ML-37 Turion 64 Proc. The install went fine and begins start up (it gets to a black screen with "Windows Vista RC1" and "Build 5600" in the bottom right corner) then it reboots itself. Safe mode with networking and safe mode have the same result. I rolled the install back to Build 5384. Has...
September 12th 06 02:03 AM
by Kenneth R Zink II Go to last post
0 251
Sleep-Wakeup=Gadgets still sleeping by Steve Urbach
Put the computer to sleep for the night with the power icon button. Wake the computer up the next day with the Real (tm) power button. Sign on. Everything else functional (IE, Media player...) The Gadget clock and Weather still show last nights values. I had to logout, then log back on before they woke up. Anyone else seeing this 32 bit RC1 5600, upgrade from Pre_RC1 32 bit Steve U
September 12th 06 02:35 AM
by Michael Palumbo Go to last post
3 271
RC1 on delivered DVD by wayne
I opted to have Vista beta 2 sent to me from Microsoft in 32 and 64 bit DVD's. Will I recieve RC1 the sameway,or will I have to submit another order,have not recieved an e-mail notification as to what to do,one way or another. -- WRS
September 12th 06 02:36 AM
by Frank Teltsch Go to last post
5 261
Just Now Got the Email Invitation by William
I just now received the email invitation to download and test Vista RC-1. Too late, I have been running it for several days already. William
September 12th 06 02:59 AM
by Domey Go to last post
2 263
Vista Mobile Sync, AKA Activesync by Dave Packham
I have installed various versions of the betas. ALL clean installs. ever since pre-RC1 and RC1 i cannot get my WM2003se phone or WM2003se PDA to sync with outlook. I am running Office 2007 Beta 2 and it has worked in the past. anyone syncing with RC1? Dave P
September 12th 06 03:17 AM
by ret4425 Go to last post
7 199
Vista RC-1 Download help? by Go Vols Go
I know this is a stupid question, but I tried to download the Vista RC-1 tonight on my Windows xp partition using the download manager, but the file downloads a 907 kb file. I tried to download the browser version through IE 7 Beta 3. It said the x86 version was like 2.5 GB so I tried to download it. 3 Hours later it was frozen. 0% download progress. The system wasn't frozen though, neighter...
September 12th 06 03:19 AM
by Go Vols Go Go to last post
6 233
What happened? by Iplant
I have successfully downloaded, installed and seem to have only limited problems with RC1. So I have two questions: 1: I am unable to install my ATI disk, getting the following error G:\install\setup.exe ups system denied access to the specified file...then another screen comes up stating that Autoplay menu 3.0 Runtime has stopped working and of course checking for problem and resolved in...
September 12th 06 03:41 AM
by Iplant Go to last post
4 255
Web Browsing by Jean-Pierre Gendreau
I installed Windows Vista RC1 on the computer, but am not able to go on Internet except for one site.: www.microsoft.com, but noting else even with link on that site...! Could any one have an idea about that. Sincerely; Jean-Pierre
September 12th 06 04:53 AM
by Tom Ziegmann Go to last post
1 235
RC1 Review SO FAR (DAY2). Rated NC17. by Warren
This system is coming along pretty well I'd say, plenty of stuff now works better than in Beta 2/XP. Pretty much every issue I had pointed out about Beta 2 has been fixed and even some of the annoying issues that I didn't point out, like the problems with Hotmail and IE7b3, as well as problems with Napster that would've freaked people out who werent accustomed to beta software. Programmers...
September 12th 06 04:54 AM
by Warren Go to last post
2 218
RC1 Product Key / Activation - How many instances? by johndw
I just received my CPP email, product key and balance of info. I've already installed and activated on my primary desktop, but need to load RC1 onto several additional computers (5) for testing with Office 2007 Beta. How many are allowed? I've seen posts on several sites stating up to 10. Thanks in advance. John
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 12th 06 05:02 AM
by Intel Inside Go to last post
12 341
Audio tip guide! by Mark J.
The Windows Vista audio diagnostic and installation guide (Your best bet is to go with on board audio if you have it) First we will disable UAP (I found this out on my own. Everyone says to do it, but never explains how, so I will)
September 12th 06 05:07 AM
by Mark J. Go to last post
3 215
Realtek audio problem by M. Williams
I have just installed RC1 and everything works great, except my sound. I have never had a problem out of it, even with the Beta 2, but with the new RC1 I cannot get 5.1 to work. Iv tried the auto-update that came with RC1 and it would not allow me to open or setup my speaker configuration in any way through Realtek's suplied menus and options, but I can go through the Playback Devices option...
September 12th 06 05:53 AM
by M. Williams Go to last post
1 252
RC1 over pre RC1? by M. Trussell
Does anyone know if we can load RC1 over pre RC1? Thanks M. Trussell
September 12th 06 06:14 AM
by Mario Rosario Go to last post
6 305
Where did download go? by Clark
I have downloaded the RC1 file twice on this Vista Beta 2 computer. The download manager seemed to work normally and checked the integrity after the download and stated it was finished. But I cannot seem to find either of the downloaded files, which I put in different areas. The second download asked if I wanted to overwrite the first, so I changed the download location so it would...
September 12th 06 06:30 AM
by Terry Go to last post

From The