Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
DVD Burning Problem in Vista by Carlisle
I have a new machine that is running Vista and I am having problems burning DVDs that will play on my Television DVD player. I use Adobe Elements Premiere to capture and edit video footage and also to create a DVD image with menus. My normal process on my XP machine is to write the "DVD" to a folder on my PC using Premiere, then I burn this folder to a DVD as a Data DVD using Sonic. (I burn...
February 17th 07 02:09 PM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
1 185
Strange popups in Vista Ultimate by aBs0lut30
Hey guys, I am running vista on my dell 700m(doesnt really do it justice with no aero, but hey...) anyway, i have started getting LOTS of really strange popups going to http://xoomer.alice.it/biermann1/ links.html almost every min. Anyway I have run adaware and defender but they dont find anything. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 17th 07 02:41 PM
by Saucy Go to last post
10 267
Suddenly Vista not Genuine anymore by Dapper Dan
Suddently today my Vista Home Premium is no long "genuine." When I follow the link at the bottom of the message to "validate" my installation, it takes me to a page that says it cannot validate until Vista is "activated." So I go to "Computer", the "Properties" page and it shows that "Windows is activated." If I try to change the product key and enter my valid license key, the system...
February 17th 07 02:51 PM
by Saucy Go to last post
9 178
Which version to buy. by J
I am thinking of purchasing the Home Premium edition. I have one other PC on XP Pro and need to share files. Will the Home Premium edition allow that?
February 17th 07 03:10 PM
by Saucy Go to last post
3 214
Cant explorer the files on my DVD player by powerXtreme
Just got a new pc with MSFT Vista Home Premium and while exploring the content of the Hd I found out that I was unable to see the content of a CD I've inserted on the player. Tried to "open" the device content but just got a brief flash of a window and nothing else. Opened the file explorer and selected the device (D:) right clicked and choose explore - Vista just jumps on to C: . Right...
February 17th 07 03:18 PM
by powerXtreme Go to last post
0 162
Sendkeys problem with Vista by lcwakeman
I am pretty sure that this is a problem with Vista and not I.E. but I have bni idea where in the Vista forums to post this. The following code works in XP with IE 6 and IE 7: function playFile(player, file) { var WshShell = new ActiveXObject("WScript.Shell"); if (WshShell.AppActivate("Windows Media Player")) { WshShell.SendKeys('%FO'); WshShell.SendKeys(file);
February 17th 07 03:20 PM
by lcwakeman Go to last post
0 174
Microsoft Phone number by John Inzer
Jerald D Montgomery wrote: Does anyone have Mircosoft phone number?All I get is a recording ============================= Maybe the following will help: For E-mail and /or Phone Support... try the link below and choose: 1) Choose your country (click the arrow) 2) Contact a support professional by phone or e-mail
February 17th 07 03:26 PM
by Leo Go to last post
6 194
No extras?? by Johnny
Hi, I have the retail version of vista ultimate 32bit running. Because of some problems I need'ed to reinstall vista, but after reinstallation no extras apear in windows update?? (before reinstall I had all the extras installed) Can anyone help, Johnny
February 17th 07 03:30 PM
by dfeifer Go to last post
3 196
Parental Controls for Vista Business? by Jim
Is there a way to add Vista "parental controls" to the Business Edition without upgrading to Ultimate? Perhaps some sort of ala-cart download from Microsoft?
February 17th 07 03:40 PM
by Jeffrey Giampetro Go to last post
1 194
Moduslink failure to follow through by Skip
I have also had a bad experience with Moduslink. I purchased my computer from Wal-Mart but lost the receipt before providing it to Moduslink. I contacted Wal-Mart and the local store was not able to retrieve my receipt from their system. They refered me to corp. I contacted Wal-Mart corp and they e-mailed me a copy that I forwarded to Moduslink. Moduslink accussed me of forging the...
February 17th 07 03:48 PM
by Skip Go to last post
0 279
Microsoft Internet Keyboard Pro & Vista x64 by Piers James
I've just instalkled Vista Home Premium x64 and downloaded the latest IntelliType Pro software and found that MS have ditched support for my MS Internet Keyboard Pro. They have the Internet Keyboard, which is exactly the same vintage but not mine. The problem is I can only customise about half of the additional buttons on my keyboard. I don't see why they support one an not the other, this...
February 17th 07 04:11 PM
by Piers James Go to last post
0 195
change file icons by CrazyBoss
hi, how I can change icon's file, in windows xp is easy..., but in Vista I don't know how! Sorry by my english! Thanks
February 17th 07 04:15 PM
by Synapse Syndrome Go to last post
2 219
Export Favorites to disk NOT working by DavePie
While in IE I click on File, Input, Export,ALL FAVORITES DISPLAY, Export to: C:\temp\bookmark.htm.........Error Box: Location is not available. C:\Users\davePie\AppData\Local|temp|Low is not accessible. Access is Denied. I am admin user. If I switch to non-admin user it works? Any ideas. Do I need to create a EVERYONE Group? -- DavePieNaples
February 17th 07 04:16 PM
by DavePie Go to last post
0 261
Ture Image program update by CZ
FYI: Acronis has release an update for their True Image backup s/w (102MB)
February 17th 07 04:25 PM
by Synapse Syndrome Go to last post
2 223
How to remove all the "content protection" ? by Vronans
I don't want this content protection that's all over Vista, how do you remove it. I don't want to be forced to use it. It's wrong. I don't want it. From a stand point of looking at the U.S. Constitution it seems to be in violation of certain amendments, no?
February 17th 07 04:27 PM
by Vronans Go to last post
5 346
Vista/Nero by Piet
I am having a problem installing the latest Nero with Vista. It keeps on coming back "Shellmanager is corrupt". How can i overcome this problem ? Piet
February 17th 07 04:58 PM
by Dale Go to last post
2 241
Video score by Bill Condie
A friend has a Celeron with 128 AGP Radeon® 9700 PRO and gets Graphics: 5.2 Gaming Graphics: 4.3 in the WEI I got a 256 Nvidea PCI Express on a brand-new Dell and get Graphics: 3.7 Gaming Graphics: 3.2
February 17th 07 05:00 PM
by Bill Condie Go to last post
6 211
Wireless G PC Card with Vista Drivers by robertlewis
Just got a new PC with Vista Ultimate and my existing USB wireless G device (Zoom) will not work. Zoom say they are delevoping new vista drivers but can' say when they will be available. I need my network connection now so I need to purchase a PC card or USB wireless G device which already has proven vista drivers. Any suggestions? Thanks
February 17th 07 05:03 PM
by Dale White Go to last post
2 195
LIVE CHAT PROBLEMS by DARCEY
NEW PUTER HAS VISTA BASIC.I HAD A PREVIOUS COMPUTER WITH XP AND DID NOT HAVE THE FOLLOWING PROB.I CANNOT USE LIVE CHAT WITH VISTA..ONCE IN THE CONFERENCE EVEN THE 'HANDS FREE' BUTTONS ARE GRAY'ED AND CANNOT PUSH THEM.CANNOT HEAR OTHER PARTIES IN THE CONFERENCE TALKING.WHY IS THIS HAPPENING WITH VISTA?ANY SOLUTIONS?
February 17th 07 05:04 PM
by Scott Go to last post
2 219
this operation has been canceled due to restrictions on this compu by plusco
Vista Ultimate x64, Outlook 2003 and IE7: Whenever I click on a link in my Outlook inbox, I receive an error message "this operation has been canceled due to restrictions on this computer". How can I change this? It's frustrating to have to copy and paste links into IE7.
February 17th 07 05:21 PM
by plusco Go to last post

From The